I’m sure we all remember the agonizing exercise last year at this time that we called ACA Reporting in Sage 100. Unfortunately, it’s time to do it again. Affordable Care Act reporting is once again required for the year ending 12/31/2016. Any employers with 50 or more full-time employees or FTE’s must file the appropriate 1094-1095 forms with the IRS once again this year. Use the illustration below to determine which form(s) your company should file.
At Sage Summit 2016, the question was asked whether Sage would provide a method to carry over all ACA employee and employer information from 2015 into 2016 to make reporting just a little bit less labor intensive. While Sage representatives did promise to look into a utility, it did not happen. There is a ray of sunshine here, though: it is possible to export ACA information from 2015 and import back into the ACA tables to create 2016 records. We at Ennis, Pellum & Associates have written the export/import jobs and are available to assist you with setting up ACA reporting for 2016.
Some important news and notes regarding the Affordable Care Act:
- March 2, 2017, is the deadline for furnishing 2016 Forms 1095-B and 1095-C to individuals. Despite the delay, however, employers and other coverage providers are encouraged to furnish 2016 statements to individuals as soon as they are able to.
- February 28, 2017 is the deadline for 2016 filing with the IRS in paper form.
- March 31, 2017 is the deadline for 2016 filing with the IRS electronically. Remember, if using Sage 100, Aatrix will file your forms electronically – for a fee.
For those of you who need more information about the Affordable Care Act, the following resources are available:
- http://tinyurl.com/jr7pteu – Affordable Care Act Legal Guidance and Other Resources
- http://tinyurl.com/zaulp2d – ACA Questions and Answers
- http://tinyurl.com/gv8zzk8 – Q&A on Employer Shared Responsibility Provisions under the ACA
- http://tinyurl.com/hm6oo5l – Tax Provisions for Employers
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ltHSihXyg – Sage-produced video on ACA reporting
Again, if you need assistance with ACA reporting in your Sage 100 software, or if you would like help creating your 2016 files using 2015 data as a base, please contact Ed or Chris at Ennis, Pellum & Associates: 904-396-5965.