As of December 19, Sage has released the 2016 end-of-year Interim Release Download (IRD) and 2017 Q1 payroll tax table updates (TTU). The Aatrix year-end update is also available; when you first access either Payroll Federal E-Filing and Reporting or Accounts Payable Form 1099 eFiling and Reporting, you will be prompted to update your forms.
The following are the required minimum Sage 100 versions. If you are not at least on one of the minimum versions below, you must add the required product update (PU) or upgrade to get to the minimum before installing the 2016 IRD.
• 2016 Update 1 (5.30.1) and above
• 2015 Update 3 (5.20.3) and above
• 2014 Update 7 (5.10.7)
(Note: The 2016 IRD is included in the Sage 100 2017 release.)
In order to print or electronically file W-2, ACA or 1099 forms, you will need to use the following menu tasks:
- Payroll tax forms: Payroll > Period End > Federal eFiling and Reporting
- 1099 forms: Accounts Payable > Reports > Form 1099 eFiling and Reporting
The 2016 IRD contains the following enhancements for Accounts Payable:
IMPORTANT TAX INFORMATION: 1099 Form changes were required for the tax year 2016 and have been incorporated in this update. Maintenance, data entry, as well as certain reports and Form 1099 eFiling and Reporting have been modified to adhere to the 2016 1099 Miscellaneous, Dividend, and Interest forms as published by the IRS for the tax year 2016 filings.
- Once the 2016 IRD is installed, the new 2016 boxes will be available for all companies in the installation.
- The following changes have been made to accommodate the correct placement of the following information:
- 1099-INT: Box 12 is now Bond premium on Treasury obligations
- 1099-MISC: No form changes
- 1099-DIV: No form changes
- Form 1099 eFiling and Reporting version has been updated to 2.62.
The 2016 IRD contains the following enhancements for Payroll:
- There were no W-2 form changes for 2016
- Federal and State eFiling and Reporting version has been updated to 2.62
- New local tax jurisdictions for Ohio have been added in Tax Table Maintenance locality description listing
- New ACA Offer of Coverage Codes have been added in ACA Employee Maintenance . Monthly Detail window
- Code 1I : Description: Reserved
- Code 1J: Description: Minimum essential coverage providing minimum value offered to you; minimum essential coverage conditionally offered to your spouse; and minimal essential coverage NOT offered to your dependent(s).
- Code 1K: Description: Minimum essential coverage providing minimum value offered to you; minimum essential coverage conditionally offered to your spouse; and minimum essential coverage offered to your dependent(s).
The Technology Services Team at Ennis, Pellum & Associates stands ready to assist you with your 2016 year-end processing. You can contact either Chris (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ed (email@example.com) by e-mail or at (904) 396-5965.