Continuing with our series on the enhanced functionality available in Sage 100 ERP 2015, we review the features added to the Accounts Receivable module, which include:
- Cash Receipts List Button added
- Option Added to Print Invoices Through the Sage Data Cloud
- Sort Options Added for Customer Audit Report
- Calculator Button Added to Finance Charge Applied Field
- Ship Via Field Added to Customer Ship-To Address Maintenance
- Keep Window Open After Print or Preview Added to Quick Print Windows
- Level 3 Credit Card Processing
Cash Receipts List Button
The most notable enhancement for everyday users appears in A/R Cash Receipts Entry. For those users who handle multiple cash deposits in a day, or who might not update transactions daily, the new Cash Receipts List Button on the Cash Receipts Deposit or the Cash Receipts Entry screen opens a sortable listing of all in-progress receipts so that you can quickly locate any entry. This enhancement has been requested by end-users for many years.
Print Invoices via Sage Billing & Payment and Sage Data Cloud
Sage introduced its Mobile applications a couple years ago, with Sage Billing and Payment allowing customers the ability to invoice customers via e-mail and accept payments by credit card through a link in the e-mailed invoice. In version 2015, Sage has added the option to suppress the printing of the hard copy invoice for invoices e-mailed out through Sage Billing and Payment. A new check box on the Customer Maintenance Additional tab provides the option to print that customer’s invoices solely via the cloud application.
When this box is selected for any customer, the Print Invoice box in A/R or S/O Invoice Data Entry will default to blank; however, this setting will not affect invoices processed via Job Cost Billing.
Sort Options for Customer Audit Report
If you’re tracking changes to customer records, you may only want to see who made changes and what they changed for a specific customer or range of customers. Now you can both sort the report by Customer Number and select only the customers you want to review. Save time by only viewing the customer records you need to review.
Calculator Button added to Finance Charge Applied Field
A new Calculator button added to the Finance Charge Applied field in Finance Charge Entry will allow users to quickly and easily make accurate adjustments to existing charges or add charges manually.
Ship Via Field added to Customer Ship-To Address Maintenance
For those customers that require different shipping methods for each ship-to location, we now have a field in Customer Ship-To Address Maintenance that allows us to set a default Ship Via method by Address, and have that Ship Via code populate in Sales Order Entry or Invoice Data Entry based on the Ship-To Address selected during data entry.
Keep Window Open After Print/Preview in Quick Print
For those users who invoice through the Accounts Receivable module, the ability to keep the Print window open when Quick Printing an invoice has been added in version 2015. This can be useful for those who use multiple different Form Codes to print invoices and want to preview prior to printing.
Level 3 Credit Card Processing Added
Increasingly, corporate cards are being used to pay for goods and services. Merchant card processors (e.g., Visa and MasterCard) consider payments made with corporate cards more secure and reliable, so they offer lower rates. Government and school entities may require the savings to be passed on to them, but otherwise you can determine whether to pass long or retain any savings. With the introduction of Level 3 credit card processing for corporate cards, Sage 100 ERP now allows users to gather and transmit the data elements required at the line item to qualify for these advantages.
While you cannot use Level 3 Processing when invoicing in the Accounts Receivable module, I’ve included this feature here due to the setup required in the A/R module in order to process Level 3 Credit Card transactions.
Changes in several areas were introduced to enable this capability for payments entered in Sales Order Entry and S/O Invoice Data Entry.
- On the Library Master Setup menu, a new field “ISO Country Code” has been added in Country Code Maintenance. Information form this field is included with the Ship-To Address information when processing Level 3 credit card transactions.
- A new “Include Level 3 Data” check box has been added to the Payment Type Maintenance window on the Accounts Receivable Setup menu.
- In Customer Maintenance, the customer’s Default Payment Type on the Additional Tab should be set to CREDIT CARD.
- In Customer Credit Card Maintenance, complete all of the appropriate information including the Corporate ID/PO number associated with the card. It is important to note that complete processing information will not be captured without this step.
- The following fields have been added to the secondary grid in Sales Order Entry and Sales Order Invoice Data Entry in order to capture the line item information required for Level 3 processing:
- Commodity Code
- Alt Tax ID
- Tax Type
- Tax Amount
- Tax Rate
- Note that certain default values must be set to ensure that the fields added to the Lines tab are available without first entering information on the Credit Card tab. See “Setup Customer Credit Cards for Level 3 Processing” in the Sage 100 ERP Help system for more information.
- A Level 3 button has been added to the Credit Card tab in Sales Order Entry and S/O Invoice Data Entry. This button can be used to enter additional information for Level 3 transactions.
- Customer PO Numbers are now transmitted as part of the transactions when processing Level 3 Credit Card payments. The PO number will share the same field as the sales order or invoice number, and will be separated by a dash, and will be identified with “PO” appended. The Sales Order and Invoice Number, similarly, will have “SO” or “IN” appended.
That covers the Accounts Receivable enhancements in Sage 100 ERP 2015. Next up: Distribution modules (Inventory, Purchase Order, and Sales Order).