With the release of Sage 100 ERP 2015, the following enhanced features are now available in the Accounts Payable module:
- Additional UDF (User Defined Field) Data Sources in Manual Check and Payment Entry
- Expanded Vendor Name to 50 Characters
- Ability to Select Invoices from any Purchase Transfer Vendor in Manual Check and Payment Entry
- Ability to Reprint Quick Print Checks
- New Sort Options for Vendor Audit Report
- New Sort Options in Selection Dialogs
UDF Enhancements in Manual Check and Payment Entry
Users have had the ability since MAS 90 version 4.20 to define user-defined fields for use in Check Printing using a wide variety of business object sources in Custom Office. That same functionality was not available, however, for Manual Check Entry or Printing. In version 2015, Sage have added corresponding data sources to the Manual Check and Payment Entry tasks, allowing check processing with consistent data elements, improving efficiency. Additionally, you are now able to pull invoice AP History Header data to a check detail UDF, making it easier to print the information you want on the check stub.
Expanded Vendor Name Field
Sage is listening to end-users, and many of the enhancements in the 2015 release are user-requested changes. Users have been requesting an extended name field for Vendors for years, and now they have it. In the 2015 release, the length of the Vendor Name field has been expanded to 50 characters, and all externally facing vendor forms and reports have been modified to accommodate longer vendor names, including the standard check forms.
Select Multiple Invoices from any Purchase Transfer Vendor
Another enhancement recommended by end-users is the ability to select multiple invoices when transferring a balance from a purchase vendor paid by credit card, simplifying the process into a single step creating multiple individual transfers from that selection.
Ability to Reprint Quick Print Checks
Have you ever used the Quick Print function in Manual Check and Payment Entry and experienced a paper jam while the check was printing, or encountered an error message during the print job? In the past, it was sometimes necessary to delete the entry and reenter in order to reprint the check. Version 2015 now features the ability to reprint any Quick Print check prior to the Manual Check and Payment Register being updated.
New Sort Options in Selection Dialogs
Selection windows may contain hundreds of records and there is no doubt that scrolling through them can be time-consuming. With the new multiple column sort option in selection windows, modeled after familiar Excel column sorting functionality, you can sort on selected columns to speed up your search and quickly find just the record or records you want.
The time-saving feature for sorting on multiple columns is now available in:
- Select Invoices for Payment in Invoice Payment Selection
- Select Check and Electronic Payment Maintenance Invoices in Check and Electronic Payment Maintenance
- Select Manual Check and Payment Invoices in Manual Check and Payment Entry
- Select Vendor Transfer Invoices in Invoice Data Entry and Manual Check and Payment Entry
- Select Customer Invoices accessed through Accounts Payable from Accounts Receivable Clearing Entry
New Sort Options for Vendor Audit Report
If you are tracking changes to Vendor records, it may be that you only want to determine who made changes and what they changed for a specific vendor or range of vendors. Now you can both sort the report by Vendor Number and select just the vendors you want to review.
Next up, we’ll take a look at enhancements to the Accounts Receivable module.