Christmas is here and gone, and for many of our clients, that means year-end processing is right around the corner. To help those of you with the Accounts Payable and Payroll modules prepare for your 2013 close, here are some pointers from the Sage 100 ERP Year-End FAQs:
- Accounts Payable users must install the 2013 year-end Interim Release Download (IRD). There are A/P 1099 form changes included in the 2013 IRD.
- Users with the Payroll module also must install the 2013 IRD in order to install updates to the Federal and State eFiling and Reporting.
- You must be a customer with a current Sage Business Care plan in order to access the Sage Customer Portal to download the updates.
- Minimum Sage 100 ERP (formerly known as Sage MAS 90 and 200 ERP) versions required to install the IRD and Tax Table Updates:
- 18.104.22.168 and above: must have the 2012 IRD installed
- 4.50.0 and above
- The IRD and TTU are now available on the Sage Customer Portal. Sage will continue to update the TTU throughout the month of January with any late-breaking payroll tax table changes, as necessary.
- Year-end filing updates for Federal and State eFiling and Reporting are available now. The system will prompt you to apply the updates when you access the tasks.
- The Social Security Administration will not accept W-2 information from employers on any type of magnetic media. Instead, it requires electronic filing of W-2 information. Sage 100 ERP versions 4.3 through 2013 Electronic Reporting module will allow you to create an EFW2 format file for uploading to the SSA’s website (www.ssa.gov/employer). The EFW2 file is formatted to the SSA’s Electronic Filing specifications provided the applicable IRD has been downloaded and installed.
- Year-end processing information, including checklists and the order in which to close modules can be found on the Sage Customer Portal: https://customers.sagenorthamerica.com/.
- If you own a Sage Extended Solutions enhancement, or have replaced your Extended Solutions enhancement with an updated version from one of Sage’s Preferred Development Partners, you must contact your Sage ERP Business Partner to determine whether your enhancement is affected by the 2013 IRD.
- If using Federal and State eFiling and Reporting, the Federal W-2s and W-3s are not required to be printed on the official form. Sage have incorporated an approved substitute that can be printed on plain paper with an inkjet or laser printer. It should not be printed on red paper. These forms are approved for use by the Social Security Administration and conform to the IRS Publication 1141 as required.
For more information regarding 2013 year-end procedures, contact your Sage Business Partner. Clients of Ennis, Pellum & Associates Technology Services can contact Chris or Ed at 904-396-5965.