Sage 100 ERP (the software formerly known as Sage ERP MAS 90 and 200) released version 2013 back in December, 2012, and will release version 2014 sometime toward the end of this year. Sage continues to place its emphasis on integration (CRM, Intelligence, and hybrid-cloud applications) and customer requested enhancements as they move the product forward.
The biggest news regarding Sage 100 ERP appears to be the new mobile platforms available now for version 2013 – Mobile Sales, Mobile Service, and Billing and Payments all show great promise.
The Mobile Sales app will allow sales representatives to interact with customers either in-ship or on the road to build bigger sales and provide outstanding customer service. Currently available only for iPad, the app allows the salesperson to access customer information from Sage 100 ERP, create Quotes and Sales Orders while dealing directly with the customer, and even create an invoice and receive payment from the customer, all while dealing face-to-face with the customer.
The Mobile Services app is currently available only as an iPhone app, and the goal is to sell more services while interacting with the customer. The Mobile Sales App is directly connected to the Sales Order Module currently, and, as of the Sage Summit demonstration, only allowed inventory items to be placed into the order – no miscellaneous or special item codes could be used. The Mobile Service app, at the time of the Sage Summit demo, only accepts miscellaneous charge and item codes. Sage is continuing to build on these apps, and we expect full functionality for total integration in the future.
The Billing and Payments module, for me, is big news. The module can be used in conjunction with the mobile apps, or as a standalone component in Sage 100 ERP. Billing and Payments enables the Sage 100 ERP user to send invoices to customers via HTML formatted e-mail – meaning the invoice is not an attachment but is displayed in the body of the e-mail message. Embedded in the invoice is a Click To Pay link, which integrates with Sage Payment Solutions to provide an avenue for the customer to pay their invoice on-line.
With the 2014 version release, the following enhancements are being promised:
- Improved integrations with Sage CRM, Sage Intelligence, and other Sage platforms
- Customer-requested enhancements, including:
- Flashlight lookup for invoices in A/P
- Auto-complete functionality for customers, vendors, and inventory items, with defaults customized by user for each entity
- Ability to leave print window open for G/L Financial Reports and Custom Reports
- Sage Intelligence will be auto-installed and available from within the Sage 100 ERP tasks menu
- Payroll enhancements to include:
- ability to select up to 16 Box 12 codes
- additional mapping of earnings and deductions codes for Puerto Rico
- improvements to eFiling and Reporting
And, as previously reported, Sage will no longer provide updates for tax forms W-2 and 1099 through Sage 100 updates. Beginning this year, users will use the eFiling and Reporting tools in Sage 100 ERP to print their forms and optionally submit their reports to the government.
The following enhancements are being considered for the 2015 release (and beyond!):
- Longer field for vendor names
- Field in PO and SO to display creator’s name
- Additional Visual Process Flows
- Project Accounting connected service (integrated application)
- Alternating line colors in data entry grids
- Voice to text feature for mobile apps
- Improved user-interface for invoice payment selection
- And much, much more.
Look for more information regarding Sage 100 ERP 2014 as we get closer to the release date toward the end of the year.