Were you aware that, in Sage ERP MAS 90 and 200 version 4.40, with the installation of Product Update 2, the ability to create ACH Electronic Payments was added to the Accounts Payable module as Sage Extended Solution AP-1063 was incorporated into the base program. In our previous post, I covered the setup of this feature; now we’ll take a look at performing the actual ACH processing.
To process ACH electronic payments in Accounts Payable
- Perform Invoice Selection as you normally would in Sage ERP MAS 90 or 200. You will see two new fields in the Invoice Payment Selection window: Include Electronic Payment Vendors and Pay Electronic Payment Vendors by Check. To process ACH payments for vendors that you have set up for this option, select an option in the Include Electronic Payment Vendors menu.
- Select Yes to process both electronic payments and checks during this selection.
- Select Only to process electronic payments only.
- Select No to exclude invoices for electronic payment vendors.
- The Invoice Payment Selection Listing will indicate which vendors are being paid electronically.
- After printing the Invoice Payment Selection Listing, answer Yes to the prompt to print checks and/or remittance advices.
- The Select Payment Type prompt appears. You have the option to print checks and electronic payment remittance advices separately or both together.
- Select Checks to print checks separately from the ACH remittance advices.
- Select Electronic Payments to print remittance advices separately from checks.
- Select Both to pay invoices for both vendors that are paid by check and vendors that are paid electronically. The checks will print first, then a message dialog box will indicate that the last check has printed allowing you to remove the check stock from the printer. The remittance advices will print when you click OK.
- If you have selected invoices for both Vendors paid by check and vendors paid by electronic payment, you must print both the checks and the remittance advices before you can print and update the Check and Electronic Payment Register.
- The Check Printing and Electronic Payment Window opens. Note the new Ext Stub/Remittance Advice Button in the Check Message area. (You may not see this button if you do not have Crystal Reports Designer installed on your workstation.)
- Click Print to print your checks.
- After checks have printed, remove your check stock from the printer and replace with plain paper.
- Click OK. The Electronic Payment Advice Printing and Extended Stub Report window appears. Click Print to print these documents.
- Print the Check and Electronic Payment Register. Note the Electronic Payment entry on the register.
- Print the Electronic Payment Register when prompted.
- Click Yes to update the Check and Electronic Payment Registers.
- After completing the update, click Generate ACH File on the Accounts Payable Check Printing and Electronic Payment menu.
- In the Generate ACH File window, enter a bank code and a file code, and select an option at the Batches to Include in Transmission field.
- Click Proceed. An ACH file is created for each combination of bank code and standard entry class code, as defined in Vendor Maintenance.
The ACH files are stored in the location defined at the ACH Electronics Payment Folder field in Accounts Payable Options. Transmit the ACH files according to your bank’s directions for processing.
And, welcome to the 21st century!