The Sales Order module was added to the Business Framework in Sage ERP MAS 90 and 200 version 4.1, so all data entry in that version and above is date sensitive. If on version 4.0 or earlier, you should perform year-end closing prior to posting any invoices in the new year. Sales orders may be entered with a date in the new year without adverse consequences.
Before closing the Sales Order module for the year, be certain that:
- All S/O invoices for the current year have been entered and updated.
- The current S/O date agrees with the year-end date.
- You have a backup of the Sales Order module.
Print and review the following reports prior to closing the year:
- Open Sales Orders
- Back Order Report (if applicable)
- Customer Sales History
- Monthly Recap (optional)
During the Sales Order Full Period and Year End Processing, the following tasks are performed:
- The PTD and YTD Sales, COGS, and Quantity Sold fields in the daily and monthly Sales Recap files are reset to zero.
- Resets the periods for Current Year quantity shipped, dollars sold, and cost of goods sold.
- Moves the Current Year Quantity Sold to Prior Year Quantity Sold in the S/O Customer Sales History table.
- Removes Master and Repeating Orders from the open sales order table that have expiration dates on or prior to the year-end date.
- Advances the current period in Sales Order Setup Options to the first period in the new year.