Another common issue that we see with the MAS 90 Bank Reconciliation module is that the user either does not purge transactions, or, more commonly, the user reports that she did not receive the message to purge cleared transactions after printing the Bank Reconciliation Register – even if the register was in balance.
In order to purge cleared transactions after you have reconciled your bank, the following conditions must exist:
- The user must have a Role assigned that includes permission to purge cleared transactions (Role Maintenance > Tasks > Update/Period End > Bank Reconciliation Register > Print and Update)
- The Bank Reconciliation Register must be in balance.
- You must print the Bank Reconciliation Register with these selection options:
- Document Type to Print: All Types
- Print Cleared Documents: All Documents
- Do not select the Summarize Activity option
- Select only one bank code
- Use Range for the document date with the beginning date field blank and the ending date field reflecting the Bank Statement Ending Date
If all of the above are in place, you will receive the prompt to purge cleared transactions after printing the Bank Reconciliation Register. For those users who do not purge the cleared transactions regularly, the prompt is still received when the above conditions are met, and the purge process will purge ALL cleared documents, no matter when you decide to perform the purge.